Last Updated: February 6, 2014
www.le-cliq.com, www.thecliqapp.com, the CLIQ Mobile Platform or Application and all of the services, assets and content managed by CLIQ (hereafter, collectively referred to as the “CLIQ Service”) collects and uses information provided by you (“you” or “user”), the user of the CLIQ Service.. The document outlines how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by CLIQ.. Through the CLIQ Service, we obtain certain information that you provide when you download and register one of our applications or websites and when you voluntarily submit requests to us through e-mail or websites. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the CLIQ Service unless you register with us.
As with any social media platform, CLIQ encourages you to read all of the Terms and Privacy accompanying documents.
Collection of Information
What information are you providing CLIQ?
Personally Identifiable Information
Via the CLIQ Service, we collect information you provide directly to us, including personally identifiable information.
Examples of personally identifiable information include (without limitation):
• first name, last name
• physical mailing address
• home or business address
• telephone number (home, business, and/or mobile/cellular)
• e-mail address(es)
• approximate age/birth date (month/year)
Personally identifiable information is only collected by us in connection with your voluntary submission through your use of the CLIQ Service, including, without limitation, when you create an account with the CLIQ Service, use the CLIQ Service to send or receive a message from another user, or submit inquiries to CLIQ via its online form or via e-mail.
You can elect to provide all or only some of the personally identifiable information requested by CLIQ during the registration process. However, if you decline to provide certain personally identifiable information, you may not be able to register for an account or access certain benefits of the CLIQ Service.
Via the CLIQ Service, you also have the option of posting a wide range of information and materials (including audio and/or visual media) through the CLIQ Services, including Picture posts, Video posts, voice posts and message posts. In addition, CLIQ may access your mobile device’s native phonebook and image storage applications based upon features you elect to utilize via the CLIQ Service and to facilitate your use of those features. If you do not wish to submit such information and materials to CLIQ, you should not use those features of the CLIQ Service. By engaging in such conduct, you acknowledge your understanding that any such information you supply is accessible to and stored by CLIQ at part of the CLIQ Service and your consent to CLIQ’s collection and use of such information and materials. Although you may submit a request to CLIQ that it remove posts or delete materials and information submitted by you to CLIQ, CLIQ retains sole discretion on addressing your request, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Via the CLIQ Service, you also have the option of joining a CLIQ Group (i.e. a CLIQ) comprised of other CLIQ users. By joining a CLIQ, any information you make visible to your CLIQ is viewable by all members of that CLIQ. Please note: the administrator or leader of the CLIQ controls when members are added or removed from the CLIQ and can take these actions unilaterally. Hence, by joining a CLIQ, you are consenting to allowing access to your information viewable to all current and future members of the CLIQ as determined by the administrator. Should you ever seek to be removed from a CLIQ, you should notify the administrator of the CLIQ to remove you from the CLIQ. However, any information you made visible to the CLIQ prior to your removal, will remain visible to the CLIQ. Should the administrator fail to promptly remove you from the CLIQ, please notify us immediately via the Contact Us link.
In addition, to the extent your posts are made to a public forum, you acknowledge your understanding that any personally identifiable information you voluntarily include in such posts may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others throughout the world. For example, if you publicly post your email address or likeness along with message, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users. We have no control over who reads public posts or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post and display to them, so please use caution when posting any personally identifiable information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific User. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited before coming to a CLIQ website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving the CLIQ Service, the type of browser or device you are using to access the CLIQ Service, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, occupation, language, unique device identifier, approximate geographic location, and the time zone. We, and/or our authorized third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you utilize the CLIQ Service through the use of electronic tools like cookies and web beacons or pixel tags or location based capabilities on your mobile device.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including:
• Usage Information: When you search the CLIQ “Discovery Tab”, we may collect information about these transactions, including the time, date and additional information that can be captured.
• Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
• Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) and mobile network information.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access and utilize features of the CLIQ account or make use of other features and options otherwise available via the CLIQ Service. We work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. The CLIQ Service is not presently configured to respond to DNT or “do not track” signals from web browsers.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the CLIQ Service. This information may be used to improve the CLIQ Service, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve the CLIQ Service;
• Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process your transactions and send you related information;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the CLIQ Service;
• Personalize and improve the CLIQ Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
• Carry out any other purpose authorized by you either directly or in accordance with your use of the CLIQ Service.
CLIQ is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
• With your consent or at your direction via your use of the CLIQ Services. For example, when using the “Discover” feature, we may use your specific preferences to provide enhanced services to other users.
• Third Party Service Providers. We provide certain Services through third party service providers. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share user information (including personally identifiable information) with such Third Party Service Providers to analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process payments, operate the website or mobile application, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal ly identifiable information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, we do not grant these entities any rights to use and contractually restrict them from using any information for any purpose other than providing the CLIQ Service to you. We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the CLIQ Service and constantly improve its quality. Please note that this is not personally identifiable information referenced above, only general summaries of the activities of our users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of user information.
You may request that we delete your personally identifiable information by contacting us. If you ask us to delete your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personally identifiable information from our servers. However, please note that any data or content, including, but not limited to, information and materials that you share with a third party via the CLIQ Service or via public or shared postings will remain accessible and viewable by such third party notwithstanding. Your request to delete personally identifiable information may render certain functions of the CLIQ Service inaccessible to you. Moreover, certain information may remain on certain production and back-up servers of CLIQ for an extended duration.
We do not knowingly allow any visitors or users under the age of eighteen (18) to use or otherwise access to the Service. We do not wish to collect any personally identifiable information (or any information at all) from any persons under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, you may not use the CLIQ Service.
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any personally identifiable information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your personally identifiable information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons. For network security purposes and to ensure that the CLIQ Service remains available to all users, we employ commercial software programs to monitor network traffic and attempt to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
EXTERNAL SITE LINKS
The CLIQ Service may link to websites created and maintained by public and private organizations which may include or offer third party products or services (including through advertisements shown on its websites and mobile applications). When you access a linked site you may be disclosing private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website and does not have responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. If you click a link to an outside website, you will leave the CLIQ Service and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
SOCIAL MEDIA SITE LINKING
While the CLIQ Service may link to or otherwise utilize social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Whatsapp, Groupme, Snapshot, Snapchat, etc.) in order to share your information and materials with other users or the public as you determine, we do not collect personally identifiable information through those sites without your consent. In addition, we also do not use personally identifiable information made available by the user to these third-party sites without the user’s consent.